Monday, March 14, 2011

Small Update and a Poem

I apologize for the lack of updates. It's just that nothing really has happened or been happening that is worth writing about. I have still yet to find a suitable job so that I may continue on my journey. I just can't really do anything on the money that I do make, and that includes things I love doing like going to concerts. Unfortunately the job market where I live just plain sucks. So yeah...

I have began to make captions again. I felt inspired to write again. Plus I wanted to at least get some together for the two year anniversary of my caption blog at the end of the month. Not only does it mark two years since the blog began, but also two years since I really opened myself up to the online TG community. This month really marks two years since I started on this journey of self discovery. Two years seems like a long time, but I know I am far from the end of the road. I have learned a lot and I will continue to learn even more.

I would like to share this poem I wrote. It is about the music I love and it gives a glimpse as to why I dedicate so much of my life to it.

Ode to Metal

Dear Heavy Metal,

You are my savior and redeemer
My release and my healer
You give me strength when I am weak
Save me when I am bleak
My darkest demons you reveal
My deepest secrets you conceal
For everything I am, you said I was not alone
In you I found a home
You showed me a better way than suicide
From your very words I cried
You taught me morals and individuality
In you, I found me
You gave me a life when I had none
For this I will follow you until my days are done

8 comments:

  1. Thanks!

    We wrote it for you. :)

    Sincerely,
    Marilyn Manson, White Zombie, Static X, Powerman 5k, Fear Factory, Nine Inch Nails, Limp Bizkit, Metallica, Korn, Kitty, Ramstein, Gwar, Judas Priest, Fight, Alice in Chains, Sepultura, and the rest of the crew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I will be soon entering the job market myself in order to facilitate the process of transition. It's going to be a challenge no doubt, so I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the same boat there as far as employment slowing things down. I've been working on my hair and voice in the meantime so that they aren't in the way once the money starts coming in again. But that will only last so long before that's all taken care of and I'm just, you know, waiting.

    Good luck. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Renee. Best of luck to you when you do begin. :)

    Thank you Life in Neon. Good luck to you too. :)

    And just a bit of advice from personal experience, some employers frown upon males with longer hair. They say it looks unprofessional for some reason. To those employers, I won't even bother wasting my time on. Because if they can't accept me now with long hair, then they are probably too close minded to accept the rest of who I am. Just my thoughts though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy to see you back sweetie. I hope you find a job soon, I will be thinking of you. xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was kind of lovely Isobelle, well if you can add lovely and metal in the same search on google "giggle", i really the webs look on your blog is really add to the atmosphere, and also i would like to say that i hope you will find a suitable job soon, the market is kind of bad here, i cannot for the life of me how can people here say that i must have a lot experience for a job while being young at the same time, i'm only 22 give a grip :3, but anyway you'll do fine you have quite the personality there, but nothing to worry about, and last your poem was great i also find myself like that but opera was my relief instead :3 hell i have joined a chorus even because of that and take classes on lyric and vocal technique, and on those moment i felt right and free from my mental bonds and felt loved, since i was a child i felt hated by the people outside, sometimes they even demonstrated that to me when i was in school and only when i have grow up i have been able to find good people and some good friends, both in real life and here, for that i can only say to hold in what you believe and everything will turn out for the better.

    Hugs and Kisses Alectra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Alectra.

    It's nice to know you are not alone isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete