Monday, January 3, 2011

Bye Bye 2010

Well Christmas has past and the year 2010 is in the history books. Aside from the leaps and bounds I've made discovering myself, it has been a rather uneventful year for me. I've made some new friends, good ones too, and lost a job. I saw more live music this past year than I have ever seen before. I suppose all in all it was a good year.

Despite that, December has been utter torment upon my very being. Work has taken it's toll on me and I am worn out past being worn out. All I've done is work and sleep. When I'm awake I can't keep my mind focused on anything long enough to do something. I feel almost like a mindless drone who has been running on Monster Energy the whole month. I've had a few days break now and I'm starting to feel more like myself again.

The new year has arrived. I don't usually see this as a really big event, sorta like the going away party for Christmas every year. All the decorations are put away, stores have one last big sale event, all the festivities come to a close, and the calendar tells us we have ended an age and are beginning a new one. Being in the middle of winter, I don't usually see this as a new beginning to anything, other than I have to change calendars. Spring time feels more like rebirth and new beginnings to me, but ohh well.

In spite of that, I have made a few resolutions for the new year. First and foremost, I have decided that I want to drink less alcohol this year. There are a lot of personal reasons behind this, ones that involve family and me not wanting to be like certain people. I'm doing good on this one so far, this was the first New Years in a long while that I did not drink at all. It was very nice to wake up without a headache and go searching for the toilet first thing after I stood up. Second is the ever popular lose weight. Last year I didn't do good on that one, I ended the year the same as when I started, no gain, but no loss either. Third is an easy one, be true to myself. That's pretty much it. They are simple and ones that most likely won't get broken or set aside for next year.

For the time being I am going to take a break from writing captions. I just feel like I've lost my groove and have been out of it. I have, however, been reading captions alot lately. They have bringing back many feelings that I have not felt in some time. Including that burning desire to be female. It feels good to have this feeling, it gives me a sort of peace inside. I feel happy when I can imagine myself as a woman, picture myself in everyday life as a woman. I even had a dream about it last night. It wasn't anything spectacular, just me as a woman walking around at a concert. I do remember the most visual part of this dream was me putting on makeup before leaving the house. That was interesting, I never had that in a dream before, at least that I can remember.

Well that's my little update. Happy New Year to all! :)

5 comments:

  1. Hey I just thought I'd drop a little new years note for you here. I've been reading and following your post on here for awhile and I just wanted to tell you how brave I think you are to be able to express your desires, hopes and setbacks so honestly. This has been a huge earthshaking year for me and it has really helped to know that I'm not the only one with struggles, and of course I enjoy your captions quite a bit. I know how it is to not be able to get the creative juices flowing, so don't worry, it will get there when it gets there. The important thing is to make yourself happy, and the creativity will flow when you get into your most productive state. That is of course assuming your most productive state is a place of peace and happiness, if it's not then remember that mental health should always come before what you do for anyone else.
    Anyway I'm rooting for you,
    sincerely Larry Toe Albano

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there should be some sort of rule that NO ONE is allowed to be introspective between Christmas Eve and Martin Luther King day.

    With that being said, I do hope that as the year goes on, you get your groove back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetie,

    I know what it means to lose the caption bug and just become focused on the dreams and desires. I applaud you for the choice of giving up drinking. Even though I am a completely non-drinker, it is not just my spiritual beliefs that drive my decisions. I have seen the destruction alcohol can have. Plus you can always funnel that money into things to help you mentally explore your female being. Stay strong with this and know my thoughts and prayers are with you because this is a hard change to make. The weight thing, I get as well. I am in depression eating trouble right now myself. either eat or sleep, at least I do not have the thoughts of not deserving to exist.

    I am around and thinking of all my sisters online even if I can't be vocal. *kisses*

    Alexia Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Larry: Thank you for the comment. I guess it is kinda brave that I just want to express myself and be myself at the same time. Creativity for me comes from many moods. I like to think that when I pull from every aspect of my life, every emotion I experience, it shows that I am a whole person, not just one dimensional. Some of the biggest revelations and ideas I've had have come when I've been down. Anyways, I hope this new year brings many happy times for you. :)

    @ Dee: Thanks. :)

    @ Alexia: Thank you for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hun keep thinking posative and hold onto your dreams. i know you will get what you strive for, look at me i made it, and i know you will too :)

    ReplyDelete