Monday, January 2, 2012

2012: Not off to a Good Start at All

Well as the the title suggests, 2012 is not starting off very well for me. It seems like whenever I start getting a plan together or things start to look up it all comes crashing down. It feels like my life is forever doomed to be on a downward spiral.

Just days before the new year I found out I will be losing my job. The company I work for has decided to close the location where I work and eliminate all the employees. This kind of pain I've never felt before. It is a pain surrounded by hopelessness, despair, animosity, fear, anger, hate, and the feeling of betrayal because that which you were loyal to has turned it's back on you.

In my twisted view of the world I see this as corporate greed at its finest. Instead of getting rid of the ones up top killing the company, they get rid of the ones hard at work keeping it alive. I'll never understand big business and how they can value money over people.

So once again my life has been thrown off path. Although at this point it might be safe to say I've long since been off path, lost in the woods trying to get back.

All I want from life is to be myself in all I do and to chase my dreams. I don't think that's too much to ask for, too much to want. I guess maybe it is because anytime I even try to strive for either one I get cut down and set back.

5 comments:

  1. I will say this... being laid off is better than being fired....

    Hold up there girl, everything will go alright, there just needs to be balance, things will go your way if you truly want it.

    <3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sweetie, happy mew year. tina is right hun, and i;m looking at the same thing where i work. the days are numbered where i'm at, we are at bare minium of workres where i work, when i hired in there was over 1800 people working there 24/7 we now have less than 350. its going to happen. just stay focused and be posative. hugsssss Sedra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you are someone who cares about people more than things it is so very hard to understand why a society can embrace capitalism, a system that puts money and its pursuit as a god above all other things, including life.
    Hang on to your passion for things alive Isobelle. Yours is a much richer way, even if it is hard to see it under these very sad circumstances.

    Never stop dreaming.

    Halle
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. You remain a star (albeit a naughty one)! xx

    ReplyDelete