Monday, August 8, 2011

Life Of Agony

I want to apologize to anyone whom I normally chat with online and everybody else that I usually at least say hi to. I know I have not been around at all. For that I am sorry. Dealing with life and figuring out just how the hell this whole TG thing works with it has been really, really fucking hard lately.

Until a few weeks ago I had not been dwelling much on the TG issue. When I was online, I really didn't go near anything dealing with it either. Life, work, searching for a better job, friends, video games, and as always, music have been keeping my mind occupied. It was nice because for a couple months there I was actually starting to think that I was actually kinda happy with my life. I was down a lot less and there didn't seem to be as much pain in my life during this time. It was nice, but like a stone thrown into a glass house, it all shattered. Everything was just a false facade, a veil covering my eyes, hiding me from what really is. In a way, everything going on around me was like a painkiller numbing me. I knew it was there, the TG thing, it just wasn't bothering me as much.

I don't know if all that was a good thing or bad thing. Over the past couple of months, like I mentioned, my mind has not been on the TG issue much at all. That being said I have not dressed during that time either. I don't know why, I just did not have the urge to I guess. A few weeks ago, all the emotions, all the pain, the depressed moods, they all came flooding back. It was almost overwhelming to go from a time of almost at peace to turmoil and turbulence overnight.

It will always be there and it will never go away.

The mind is a fucked up thing. It really is. Like I'm really starting to believe that the reason why I feel like my life is a failure, that it's so messed up, so fucked up, is because the whole TG thing. Because I don't feel right in my own skin. I never have. All the insecurities I have, the lack of confidence in myself, the inadequacies (both sexual and non-sexual) I feel as a male, all of it I feel are because the sex of my body doesn't match the gender of my mind. At least that seems like the most logical explanation that my mind agrees upon.

But I really do think that is the truth. What else could explain the pain and jealousy I feel when I see a woman? What else could explain everything else that I feel? I really don't think anything else could explain it. The bad part is that because of all this, I have to live a life of pain. Pain that haunts me nearly everyday...

Sometimes I just feel like running away and starting my life over someplace far away. But where would I go? How would I get there? How could I just pick up and leave behind all those around me that I love? How would I survive once I got there? I don't think I would ever run away, but dammit it sure sounds like a good solution.

My situation in life right now prevents me from doing anything. And that really fucking sucks. The longer this goes on, the more the pain grows. I don't think I'm scared to do anything. No. I just don't want to burden those I live with with this. Yes I know sometimes we just have to do things for ourselves, but I guess I care too much for them to fuck up their perspective of me right now. I don't know how much longer I can go on like this though.

I keep searching for a way out, for a way to make my life better. I think though because of all the issues I have, it makes it harder. Countless job interviews that have resulted in nothing. The search becomes even harder when the light at the end of tunnel seems to be drifting further and further away. That leaves a scary thought in my head. What if the pain and despair get so bad and overwhelming that I end it all? It is scary to think about, and sometimes I do think about it, but I never want that to happen. Never.

The positive side is that I feel as long as I keep my faith in music that unfortunate end will never happen. I don't think I've ever mentioned it in this blog but music is the reason why I'm still alive. I've had bad times in my past and the only thing that kept me going was music. It gives me the strength to face another day. It has always been there for me. I won't call it a solution or cure, not by any means, but more of a tool, a method, to help cope with life.

Over the weekend I did see five bands whose music I have turned to for a long time now for strength. I would rank it as one of the greatest nights in all my life. I can't really describe how I felt other than "alive". Their music gives me so much energy, so much positive energy. Nothing else in life mattered other than the music entering my ears and seeing bands that I idolize play. It was amazing to see Machine Head, Megadeth, Hatebreed, Godsmack, and Disturbed all in the same day. (Yes, Mayhem Fest for anybody wondering.) The odd thing though, the TG thing didn't go away. I still had it in mind when I was at the show. (Women love to dress scantily at metal shows, kinda hard to miss them too.) But there was really no pain. I was so happy to be around the music that the only response, only thought I had was: "Man, I'd love to be like that and be able to dress like that and come to a show like this!" That was it. It was a happy thought about the desire to be a woman. And it was because of the music.

I just wish my everyday life was half as happy as that day was. I know the possible solution, but I can't figure out how to get there. The weekend was the peak of the emotional roller coaster, back to the downward trip until the next up. Life sucks this way.

6 comments:

  1. *Hugs you very tightly* Well Isobelle that was certainly a clear thought coming from your mind and rightfully both happy and sad...

    I think now that the times aren't helping (bad economy, world coming down to a fucked up black hole, etc) we should try to carry on and at least try to hang out with our friends or try to find someone who would listen to our rants (you don't rant in here as you are positively saying an unspoken truth ^-^)

    When it comes to the TG thing...well as I said in my blog for me is a game, but for others is not, many people clings into a hint of a hope if needed for striving to reach their desired ending, Woot to the them because they really deserve it...

    I think there are yet to come dark times, but we are young, we need to hope for a bright future, we need to believe in it...not only believe in it, crave for it, make it possible... many bad things happened (my uncle is getting worse from his illness >->) to me this year while other good things happened (University Yay!)

    But perhaps as you say, music is indeed a vial filled with happiness, we need to bathe in it. Music is much more than we think at a times, music can bright your heart or make you moody or sad, such is the power of music... I agree with you if not for music...well I dunno how would it be my life right now ^-^ *hugs you again*

    This is just a comment, its has no real power, but to make you smile, such is the power of words, but nothing else... but at least the rights words when they are said or spoken can brighten our darkest days.

    Stay strong Isobelle

    Hugs and Kisses Alectra

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs you* Isobelle, maybe it is time to see a counselor. If there is one that has experience with TG gals more the better. Take it from someone who has been there. The things that sustain us through the darkness can give out if the darkness becomes to bleak and oppressive.

    Still, be careful hanging your feelings on one aspect of your life. I don't want to say too much, because I know the words will be hollow. Just know that you have people here in cyberspace that are praying and there for you Sweetie.

    Take Care.

    Alexia

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUGGGGGGGG girlfreind its ok, we all understand and you know we are all here for you, and you know i am :) you are a good freind and don't like seeing you hurt like this, take your time and get your head stright, you know how to get ahold of me if you need to, you know i'm here for you. hugggggggg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the love and care.

    Alexia, I have been looking into seeing a counselor or therapist or whatever you wanna call it. I haven't actually taken any real steps towards it yet, but I have been gathering information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't know how much that relates to me as well. Your captions have always been so intense in their honesty, and your words are no different. I've tried to avoid this issue for the past while too but I keep coming back.

    I fall into these TG periods as well. It's always been there as a thought nagging my brain since I was young, but it recently broke free a while ago. I finally started to realize just how transgender my thoughts really are. I've read so much about it, I've obsessed over it so much over the years, but I never considered myself one. I just thought I was some depressed autogynephile who will never be normal.

    It's waned again since then, but now it came back...it's just crippling. I wish I could figure out why but I can't. I wish I could make it stop but I can't. All I can do is fill my life with constant distractions and call it "having a life", when it still feels like I'm not going anywhere, as long as I'm like this.

    I'm still not as certain I'm really trans, but then again I'm such an indecisive person...I wish I can get an income just so I can have the ability to pay for treatment if I want to. Just to have that option, maybe it'd calm me down, even if I never do it. Having to change would just be disastrous to my family and friends...and I'm scared as hell for myself too.

    The joy that music gives me is one of the few things in this life I enjoy. If I didn't have music, and if I wasn't allowed to imagine myself as a girl, I would be lost and empty. I still have family, but if I choose transition, then I might lose that.

    All I see when I look in the mirror nowadays is a feminine figure hidden away behind old male paint. I try to wash away the maleness the best I can but it's not enough. I don't really know what to do anymore. The only hope I have for it is that it stays under the surface and I'm able to have a fulfilling life in spite of it, but I've read too many stories to know that will never work out. I hope it doesn't get so bad I can't function.

    I guess I've ranted on for long enough. I want to thank you for all the hard work you've done Isobelle, and wish you good luck for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Antonia, and thank you for sharing. It does sound like there are a lot of parallels in our journeys. Knowing I am not alone, that is for sure one of the things that gives me hope, that makes me want to see tomorrow. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete